Our location:48 Comport Street, Portsmith
BH & A/hrs mob: 0407 026 916 (monitored from 6.30am 8.30pm)
Photo above courtesy Scott Brady NQ Aero Club
We provide free airport transfers to any renter of our motor vehicles! This includes cars, people movers, light commercials, 4WD's and trucks.
A: About 20 minutes from the airport. Comport Street is known locally as the Southern Access Road a major trunk route into Cairns from the south. Our location is in close proximity to the Cairns Convention Centre, CBD and Trinity Inlet.
A: Between 07.00am and 7.45pm to suit scheduled services, 7 days per week.
A: Any renter of our motor vehicles ie cars, people movers, light commercials, 4WD's and trucks.
(i) Our staff must know in advance that you require this service (if booking online this information is available to us);
(ii) This service is free during our normal trading hours - a $35 service charge applies per pickup and per drop back after 5pm;
(iii) We can collect or drop back a maximum of 3 or 4 passengers if there are more in your party then:
(iii) As airports generally require passengers to be at the terminal a minimum of 1hr before a domestic flight (2hrs for international) we ask clients returning vehicles to be at our premises a minimum of 90 minutes before your flight departure time ( 2.5hrs for international).
A: You can either top up your vehicle before returning it or if limited for time you can leave it to us a service fee applies (fuel taken is charged at bowser cost no fancy markups!) The closest service station to us is the BP Southgate on Ray Jones Drive Portsmith (a continuation of Comport Street to the south), on the corner to Kate Street about 5 minutes away from us, on the same road. Our fees can be found under 'Standard Fees & Charges'.
A: Other than trucks and larger buses yes you can however airport parking fees will apply. Full particulars follow below.
Airport info: www.cairnsairport.com.au
Upon arrival at the airport and after collecting your bags from the carousel please:
1. Ring our local office (refer to our contact numbers to the top of this page) to confirm your arrival and we will be there in 20 - 25 minutes to pick you up. At that time we will advise what make, model and colour vehicle we will be driving so you can keep a lookout. Our airport shuttle will also be fitted with 1300 meteor signs to the front doors, and our staff wear bright yellow shirts.
2. After collecting your bags make your way out of the terminal to the designated passenger pickup / drop off area opposite (refer to the airport map above) where we will connect.
We look forward to being of service to you upon your arrival with our Cairns airport transfers.
Please return your vehicle to our local depot at 48 Comport Street Portsmith a minimum of 90 minutes before your flight departure time (2.5hrs for international) and we will run you to the airport.
If there is more than 4 people in your party we would ask that you drop them off at the airport before returning your vehicle.
Alternatively you can park our car / light commercials, 7-12 seat minibuses or 4WD (but not our Coaster 21 seat buses or trucks) in the public car parking area of the airport however the conditions applicable to this service are as follows:
1. Our staff need to know in advance your intentions;
2. We will issue you with a magnetic key box at the time of handing over the vehicle;
3. You are to park in the public car park;
4. When entering the car park take the parking machine ticket and leave it inside the vehicle where our staff can readily find it (on top of the dash, centre console or glove box).
5. The cost of parking is to your account and will be added to your invoice. We collect our cars within our office hours between 8.00am and 4.30pm a guide to likely parking times is as follows:If you park between 8.00am and 4.30pm: Up to 4 hrs
As per the map above Cairns airport has a choice of parking areas, with the T2 car park close to the T2 Domestic terminal available for both short and long term parking, and the T1 budget car park situated close to the T1 International terminal and connected to T2 via a covered walkway.
Current Cairns Airport parking information and rates can be found at: www.cairnsairport.com.au/parking-information/
6. Ensure that you have removed all of your belongings from the vehicle!
7. Lock up the car, place keys in magnetic key box provided and place in a location to the vehicle provided by our staff.
We wish you a safe journey home!